Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Pieceful Country's April section is done.

I finally got the main blocks done for my "Pieceful Country" quilt which are my rendition of the "Land of Liberty" quilt the others in the group are making at Humble Quilts.  I absolutely love this section!  I was at a loss of what to put in place of the Lady Liberty block that the others were making.  Robin, a group member, suggested a "little lady in her garden".  That was exactly the inspiration I needed.  I pulled out one of my patterns for a spring row quilt I designed many years ago and made the sunbonnet Sue block.  It still needs a yo-yo in the center of the flower.  

I have not yet assembled the blocks together.  I like to see how everything evolves first since my quilt is a little bit different.  I will be able to fill them in where they go at the end.



I am linking up with Humble Quilts and Show Off Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. You are so clever, it's a really cute block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too. And the polkadot fabrics! Have a nice day, dear. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will end up with a beautiful quilt. All your blocks will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially like your "Lady Liberty" block, and that you decided to forego the embroidery. I'm not sure what I'll do, but I like your star.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all comments! We LOVE to hear that others are visiting and viewing our projects. It makes our day.